Junior Food Quality Consultant
At NSF, our mission is to protect and improve human health. We’re a global leader in standards development, testing, auditing, certification and training. We provide these services for a diverse set of industries including food, water, health sciences, sustainability and management systems. We’re passionate about the work we do, because together, we have a broad impact on our world.
Our nearly 3,000 employees provide services in over 170 countries through our many global offices, at our client sites, from home offices and in state-of-the-art laboratories. We’re growing fast, and that’s where you come in. Come join our team.
Company Overview :
At NSF, our mission is to protect and improve human health. We’re a global leader in standards development, testing, auditing, certification and training. We provide these services for a diverse set of industries including food, water, health sciences, sustainability and management systems. We’re passionate about the work we do, because together, we have a broad impact on our world. Our nearly 3,000 employees provide services in over 170 countries through our many global offices, at our client sites, from home offices and in state-of-the-art laboratories. We’re growing fast, and that’s where you come in. Come join our team.
NSF is focusing on food safety and quality for clients in catering, retail, etc. for which they offer services ranging from auditing to product development, training and legal compliance on national as well as European Level.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITES (WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING) :
As a Junior Food Quality Consultant, you will work with the Regulatory Expert team working across different teams to gain understanding and knowledge of the NSF products and services offered providing the opportunity to practice academic and theoretical qualifications and knowledge. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to :
- Working within the Audit Delivery Team you will provide audit services to include Food Safety, Health & Safety, Fire Risk Assessment audits, with coaching & training as part of that service aspect.
- As part of the consulting elements you will collect, establish and control (on a quality and regulatory level) the labelling/specifications /packaging of raw materials, finished products or recipes and translate when required.
- Legal verification of labels / products in line with customer/market requirements.
- Various one-off projects (short-term quality assistance on site, etc…), including administrative services in the food sector (mailing, etc…).
- Working on IT platforms (CODEV, Trace One, K.Retail, Traqtion …) for the specification management
Moreover, after a continuous training and according to the competencies that you have been demonstrating, you will be able to ensure various projects at several levels :
- Participate in the development of new product ranges for our clients and ensure the quality control from A to Z (contact with suppliers and clients, review of technical compliance, organization, and follow-up on organoleptic food tests).
- Consult and inform clients about new insights and trends in nutrition and health that may affect the development of their product.
- Consultancy and training within agri-food companies
- Active promotion of the product life cycle concept
- Undertake food, health & safety, fire risk assessment, and other related areas audits/coaching/training at client’s sites
- Effectively organize your own diary to ensure all specific client deadlines are met, accommodating last minute requests as necessary
- Deliver food and health & safety training courses as required
- Deliver training/coaching/advisory sessions at the client’s team meetings
YOUR PROFILE/ (THE CANDIDATE WE ARE LOOKING FOR) :
- Bachelor’s degree in dietetics, nutrition or food. (Level 4 Health & Safety qualification,..)
- Passionate and motivated by the wide array of food and nutritional aspects (compliance, quality, regulatory, labelling activities).
- Familiar with food, nutrition, and nutriments terminology.
- be able to objectively taste all kinds of food (no food aversions)
- Inspecting and evaluating the quality of products, knowledge of UK/EU food legislation is an asset.
- First experience in Food / large retailers is an asset.
- First experience or knowledges of IT tools (Teams, Trace One, K.Retail, Traqtion …) is an asset.
- Languages: depending on the location. Ideally English + at least 1 or 2 other EU languages
- Precise and rigorous aptitude.
- Critical mind.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work autonomously, excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask, with a good. balance between quality and quantity.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to be able to interact easily with clients and team members.
- Flexibility to travel and work from several locations (NSF sites, customer site) in combination with home working.
- Full Clean Driving License
WHAT NSF OFFERS YOU
If you want to be part of a dynamic team and work in a pleasant atmosphere with a common goal: together focused on client satisfaction, then this opportunity is for you.
We do this in a challenging industry with regards to healthy, sustainable and quality food. We’re passionate about our job and together we have a broad, positive impact on our world.
At NSF you will continue to grow your expertise and share your knowledge with your colleagues, so send us your CV and motivation letter in English and you will have the opportunity to brainstorm on hot topics such as food safety, nutrition score, food legislation, etc…
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org