No matter where you are in the FSMA process, NSF offers a suite of services that, separately or bundled, will assist your business in achieving and maintaining FSMA requirements.
We provide services that:
- Check your FSMA readiness
- Cover key industry sectors impacted by FSMA requirements including produce growers, animal feed producers, food processors, importers and transporters
- Provide proper and necessary documentation
- Provide accredited training for timely FSMA compliance globally
- Are best suited to meet your needs and available as a complete package, separately or bundled
- Allow for continuous food quality and safety improvement
Assessment / Technical Services
To help prepare you for seamless compliance to FDA’s expanded requirements under FSMA, NSF’s food safety experts can provide the following essential services:
- Conduct a detailed gap assessment of your current facility and programs. This consultative-type assessment provides on-site coaching and solutions to your team while identifying specific areas of concern or non-compliance.
- Build you a prioritized road map to assist with reaching FSMA compliance
- Provide you with direct assistance preparing required documents and monitoring forms, and with facility registration
- Provide you with FSMA-ready document templates to dramatically ease your development efforts
- Provide supply chain and product traceability assistance including building your foreign supplier verification program (FSVP)
- Assist in identifying and implementing preventive controls
Import Supplier Certification (ISC)
NSF’s FSMA ISC program protects your brand as an exporter and helps you identify
any gaps in your food safety system that may require correction and improvement to build a lasting continued partnership between you and the U.S. importer. The FSMA ISC program provides accredited certification to VQIP and FSVP requirements.
FSMA Readiness Audits
NSF supply chain audits help businesses evaluate their readiness for compliance with the U.S. FDA’s expanded requirements under the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). Developed by NSF, these audits were created for three key industry sectors: food processors, animal feed producers and importers.
Our FSMA readiness audits evaluate current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and preventive controls to assist facilities in understanding where they have opportunities for improving adherence to the FSMA requirements. These are not regulatory audits, but rather help a facility prepare for the new regulatory requirements and FSMA compliance.
Training / Workshops
Separate from certification, NSF offers several courses and training to help you prepare for, and comply with, FSMA regulations in a timely manner. Our FSMA workshops and webinars with hands-on learning and interaction with NSF subject matter experts allow you to gain the knowledge, skills and tools to develop, implement and maintain a food safety plan to meet FSMA requirements.
Why Work With NSF?
With 75 years of industry experience and a seasoned team of food safety experts on staff, NSF’s industry knowledge is unparalleled. We can provide FSMA guidance and help you work through potential challenges. Simply put, our knowledge and experience will work to your advantage, enabling you to get to market more quickly.