Administrative Assistant (Brussels)
NSF International is a growing, global, public health and safety organization. Our mission, which we are passionate about, is to protect and improve human health. Our goal is to protect the food we eat, the water we drink, the health care products we use, the air we breathe and the environment we live in. NSF International is dedicated to being a global leader in the testing, inspection and certification industry. Our core business areas include food, water, health sciences, sustainability and management systems registrations. Our services include standards development, testing, auditing, certification and, separately, training and consulting. Demanding the highest ethics and integrity from our professionals, using sound scientific principles, respecting and caring for each other and being committed to winning and being the best are just a few of our core values that have helped create a unique NSF culture which makes us a great place to work. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA with more than 2,800 employees worldwide we provide services in 180 countries at 60 office and laboratory locations. We’re growing fast, and that’s where you come in. Come join our team. More information about NSF International can be found on nsf.org.
Our office is located in Zaventem and supports multiple divisions (Water and Food) and supporting functions (HR, Communication, Marketing and Business Development) across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Currently we have 15 onsite employees, 11 remote and 5 contractors linked with the Zaventem office.
In supporting and assuring the efficiency of our business, we are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant.
As an Administrative Assistant you will provide administrative and organizational support to the Managing Director and to the multiple divisions and functions related to the Zaventem office. You ensure administrative activities run efficiently and provide structure throughout the organization.
As Administrative Assistant you will report to the Managing Director and your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Provide administrative support to the MD:
- Prepare presentations, memos, notes, letters, etc.
- Travel arrangements
- Verification and registration of invoices, support budgeting and other financial needs where necessary
- Support the organization of meeting and events
Provide administrative support to all divisions and functions hosted in the Brussels office:
- Administer the subscription and membership in trade associations, magazines, etc.
- Route telephone and emails
- Support HR services and employee related matters when necessary
- General administrative support when required
Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance:
- Welcome visitors and provide assistance as needed
- Open, sort and distribute mail and other correspondence to the right person
- Manage suppliers and keep stock of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Manage facilities (maintenance, cleaning services, etc.)
- Administrative support for the fleet
- Organizational support in the on and off boarding of employees
- Bachelor’s degree (business, administration or related field) or similar by experience
- First proven experience in general administration
- Highly developed organization skills encompassing a high degree of accuracy and good attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, integrity, diplomacy and tact at all time
- Capability to work independent with proactive approach to work activities
- Excellent team player with strong communication and relationship management skills
- Open and adaptive to change
- Good use of Microsoft tools
- Fluent in English, Dutch (written and spoken), French will be an asset
WHAT NSF OFFERS YOU
If administration and organisation are your passion, if you want to be part of an entrepreneurial, international and multicultural environment and if you are interested in public safety, this opportunity might be the one for you!
We offer a fulltime position with a great variety of accountabilities and exposure to internal and external contacts. You may expect a flat hierarchy and cooperative management style and an open, appreciative and family oriented company culture.
Do you like to get things done and contribute to the efficiency and administration of a company? Are you the enthusiast multitasker we are looking for?
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org