Labs Managing Director (m/f/t)
NSF is a growing, global, public health and safety organization. Our mission, which we are passionate about, is to protect and improve human health. Our goal is to protect the food we eat, the water we drink, the health care products we use, the air we breathe and the environment we live in. NSF is dedicated to being a global leader in the testing, inspection and certification industry. Our core business areas include food, water, health sciences, sustainability and management systems registrations. Our services include standards development, testing, auditing, certification and, separately, training and consulting. Demanding the highest ethics and integrity from our professionals, using sound scientific principles, respecting and caring for each other and being committed to winning and being the best are just a few of our core values that have helped create a unique NSF culture which makes us a great place to work. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA with more than 2,800 employees worldwide we provide services in 180 countries at 60 office and laboratory locations. We’re growing fast, and that’s where you come in. Come join our team. More information about NSF can be found on nsf.org.
Our Lab in Rheda Wiedenbrück performs food, feed and environmental tests for customers in among others the food processing and retail industry. The lab currently employs +200 employees.
We are currently looking for a Labs Managing Director who will be responsible to profitably manage and expand the NSF Lab Operation located in Rheda – Wiedenbrück, Germany.
As Labs Managing Director you will report to the VP, Global Labs and your responsibilities will
include but are not limited to:
- Supports the development and implementation of the division’s strategy. Ensures financial and operational goals and growth strategies are achieved and aligned with customer expectations and the NSF strategy, mission and values.
- Ensures standard operating procedures are implemented, partnering with the division and functions to ensure systems, tools and processes achieve operational excellence.
- Ensures successful implementation of initiatives across the region including organizational changes, integration of mergers and acquisitions, innovation programs, and implementation of new technologies.
- Conducts business reviews to understand progress toward Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and timelines, mitigates risk, and ensures achievement of business and financial metrics. Reports on division’s performance.
- Develops a culture of engaged, high performing, developed and accountable talent to support the organization. Ensures teams are empowered to meet and exceed goals through performance management, leadership development, and business acumen. Attracts and retains the best talent through effective recruiting, coaching and mentoring.
- Leads by example by exhibiting the NSF values. Serves as a strong motivator and leader for team members, inspiring talent to achieve higher levels of performance. Maintains positive team-oriented operations that support the NSF positive culture vision.
- Develops and manages the division’s budget aligned with the leadership team. Presents the budget, impact, positioning, deliverables, and resources to ensure achievement of revenue and margins as defined in the strategy and goals.
- Establishes and maintains critical relationships with internal and external stakeholders including customers, employees, communities, governments, outside vendors and partners, and others as required to achieve global strategies and objectives. Ensures superior customer care and achievement of expectations and needs. Communicates throughout the organization in a timely manner with leaders, team members, customers and partners.
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in chemistry, microbiology, toxicology, or a related field
- Previous experience in managing technical and commercial laboratory services in testing and certification and in developing and expanding service markets
- Previous experience with food, feed and environmental testing is a plus
- General knowledge and understanding of laboratory operations, safety, QA, laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and testing procedures.
- Experience with managing P&L including allocating resources and managing expenses to achieve or exceed revenue and profit targets
- Thought Leader with a strategic mindset and a strong ability to build and lead teams, including selecting and developing talent, building trust, coaching team members, managing performance resulting in high performing teams and developing other leaders
- Sound customer relationship builder that understands customer needs and deliver customer-centric solutions aligned with the mission and goals
- Demonstrated business acumen, including ability to build relationships, interpret financial indicators, adopt innovative ideas and apply knowledge of the business to advance organizations goals
- Excellent communicator with the ability to develop and deliver organizational messages using various communication modes for transparency and clarity of messages with teams in a consistent and timely manner
- Ability to lead change, fostering transparency and collaboration with a global mindset, engagement with stakeholders across programs and geographies to achieve business results
- Fluent command of German. Very strong command of both written and spoken English
WHAT NSF OFFERS YOU
If working in an environment that promotes creativity, thought leadership, close collaboration and importantly mitigates risk to human health, then NSF can offer you the chance to make a difference. With its commitment to diversity and gender equality, let NSF help you to build your career aspirations in a multi-cultural setting where everyone’s voice is heard.
The Global Labs team enjoys a flat hierarchy and highly cooperative management style and personnel work in an open, appreciative and family oriented company culture.
For more information on what NSF can offer you, please watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l5_OszUbIg
Apply now! Reach out to us by sending your CV and motivation letter in English. Looking forward to talking to you soon!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com