Pool and Spa Equipment and Chemicals
Depending on your pool and spa product’s application and location of sale – the regulatory requirements it must meet will differ.
The most common standard that public health officials look for products to be tested and/or certified to is NSF/ANSI/CAN 50: Equipment for Swimming Pools, Spas, Hot Tubs and Other Recreational Water Facilities.
This standard was developed by a stakeholder group of regulatory, end users and manufacturers, and it establishes health effects, operational safety, and performance verification criteria for many recreational water products, including:
- Automatic controllers
- Chemical generators and feeders
- Filters (DE, sand, cartridge)
- Flow meters
- Ozone generators
- Pool alarms
- Pumps and strainers
- Suction fittings and main drains
- UV systems
- Water quality testing devices
- And more
In addition to NSF/ANSI/CAN 50 testing, we test pool and spa equipment to other specific standards upon request. Examples are ANSI/APSP-16 – which is required by the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act in the United States – and ASTM F2208 for pool alarms.
Pool and Spa Chemicals Certification
If you’re seeking testing or certification for your pool chemical product, look no further.
NSF/ANSI/CAN 50’s scope also includes pool chemicals. By getting certified to this standard, your chemical product can show that it’s been evaluated for the effects of dermal contact, inhalation, and ingestion exposures.
Certify Your Products With NSF
Whether you are exporting products or selling locally – make sure your product stands out.
Leverage our 50+ years of experience in:
- Structural design assessments
- Microbial disinfection efficacy testing
- Water quality maintenance
- Adjustment additives
- Energy efficiency testing
- Product performance testing
- Impact testing
- Corrosion resistance
- Electrical safety
- And more
In addition to our technical expertise, when you work with us, you benefit from:
- Global recognition of the NSF mark: When it comes to recreational water equipment and chemicals, the NSF mark is the most widely recognised, not only in Europe but all over the world.
- Witness testing: In certain cases, we can send an NSF representative to a local approved lab to witness your testing, rather than shipping your samples to our in-house laboratory. This can directly provide faster turnaround and reduced costs.
- A local account manager: Our European headquarters is in Belgium, and we have account management staff across Europe who speak your language and are in your time zone.
- A dedicated NSF listing: All certified recreational water equipment and chemicals are listed on our website. Our listings received nearly 400,000 views in 2022 alone.
Visit the NSF listings to find certified products for the pool and spa industry.