Residential Water Treatment
Use our nearly 50 years of experience with evaluating water treatment and filtration devices to your advantage. Our experts can help you on the path to get your product tested and certified — proving that it meets structural and material safety requirements, as well as validating your contaminant reduction claims.
We can test and certify a wide range of products, including:
- General water filtration devices
- Reverse osmosis systems
- Distillation systems
- Shower filters
- Ultraviolet (UV) systems
- Water softeners
- Filtration media
These drinking water products fall under the scope of various standards, but the ones that are most well known and referenced in regulations are listed below.
|NSF/ANSI 42||Reduction of non-health-related contaminants (taste, odor, chlorine, etc.).|
|NSF/ANSI 53||Reduction of health-related contaminants (lead, PFAS, Cryptosporidium, etc.).|
|NSF/ANSI 58||Performance of reverse osmosis systems.|
|NSF/ANSI 44||Performance of water-softening devices.|
|NSF/ANSI 55||Performance of ultraviolet (UV) water treatment systems.|
|NSF/ANSI 62||Performance of water distillation systems and their components.|
|NSF/ANSI 244||Reduction of bacteria and viruses in devices used as supplemental filtration in emergency situations.|
|NSF/ANSI 401||Reduction of emerging compounds and contaminants, like prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications and more.|
|NSF P231||Performance of microbiological water purifiers where the source water quality is unknown.|
|NSF P343||Health and sanitation requirements for atmospheric water generators.|
|NSF/JWPA P508||Evaluation of point-of-use (POU) and point-of-entry (POE) devices with low water pressure.|
NSF Is Your Best Choice
When you work with us, you benefit from:
- Recognition of the NSF Mark Globally: When it comes to water treatment devices, the NSF mark is the most widely recognized, not only just in Europe, but all over the world.
- Fulfilling Consumer Demand: Consumers look for our mark — and furthermore, they demand it. An independent study conducted on behalf of NSF found that 75% of consumers would purchase a product with a certification mark over one without.
- Acceptance of Manufacturer Data and Witness Testing: In certain cases, we can accept manufacturers’ data or send an NSF representative to a local approved lab, which can cut down on the need to ship samples — meaning a quicker turnaround time and reduced costs.
- A Local Account Manager: Our European headquarters is in Belgium, and we have account management staff across Europe who speak your language and are in your time zone.
- A Dedicated NSF Listing: All certified filtration technologies are listed on NSF’s website, and our listings received nearly 400,000 views in 2022 alone.
Visit the NSF listings to view certified products for this industry.